FIFE forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

FIFE 0.4.0 has been released on 15th of January, 2017!

Author Topic: Additions to the developer activity article from the wiki  (Read 3829 times)

mvBarracuda

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Additions to the developer activity article from the wiki
« on: March 07, 2008, 09:39:22 am »

I'm bringing up this suggestion because I've ran into the same situation for a bunch of times. We got a lot of developers on team and I can't always remember all details about every developer if questions arise on the IRC channel.

I think the following additions to the developer activity list would be useful so everyone could look them up at the wiki:
1. Operating system. This would help me to remember who is running which OS and distro.
2. Compiler. Often issues are quite compiler-specific. So why not add information about the compiler and its version to the article?
3. Time zone. Live discussion on the IRC channel is great but scheduling IRC discussion works best if you know who resides in which time zone.

What do you think? I would personally appreciate it if the other developers could add this kind of information about themselves at the developer activity page:
http://wiki.fifengine.net/Developer_activity

Sadr

• View Profile
    • Radakan
Re: Additions to the developer activity article from the wiki
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2008, 10:21:45 am »

I still find it a bit messy. I kinda like the way we do this at Radakan, although I wouldn't say it's the best solution to this problem. I like the way those templates work though. Take a look. They display the member in a neat little squared box, and includes only what is really relevant, letting the visitor click on the name and view the full profile on the users own dedicated page if he so wishes.