FIFE forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

FIFE 0.4.0 has been released on 15th of January, 2017!

Author Topic: Need to contact Chris or get help with IanOut  (Read 2876 times)

drush

• View Profile
Need to contact Chris or get help with IanOut
« on: July 03, 2012, 07:15:31 am »

Hello.
How can I contact Chris? The Chris that made first FIFE renderer, ported IanOut to Linux and did a few more things in FIFE. I really need to contact him...
Unless anyone else here knows how to build IanOut for Linux from that old codebase on SourceForge.
-drush

mvBarracuda

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Need to contact Chris or get help with IanOut
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2012, 02:25:49 pm »

From the AUTHORS file located in our SVN repo:
chris >> c.stich@inode.at

For a list of all devs, including contact information, see:
http://fife.svn.cvsdude.com/engine/trunk/AUTHORS

EDIT: AFAIR chris mentioned that the ianout sourcecode has been quite a mess and he mentioned that a rewrite from scratch would be a better idea, reimplementing ianout features in a clean way.

If you don't mind the question: what are you planning to do with the ianout code? Ianout was never a fully working Fallout emulator for Linux, it was far from being feature complete.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 02:35:56 pm by mvBarracuda »

drush

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2012, 12:22:12 pm »

I've tried IanOut, FIFE and PocketGame. IanOut (at least for Windows) was the one that'd convert Fallout data with least effort required from a user.

Update: Chris' email is currently useless because his inbox is over quota. Is he even hanging around this project anymore?
Edit:
If you don't mind the question: what are you planning to do with the ianout code?
I want to test playability of IanOut on a number of different machines and operating systems.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2012, 07:33:22 pm by drush »

chris

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2012, 03:24:16 pm »

Yes that email was hosted by my old provider. As I have changed my provider I cant access it anymore. If you still need help just write me an email using the email button here in the forum.