FIFE forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

FIFE 0.4.0 has been released on 15th of January, 2017!

Author Topic: Greetings from Minnesota  (Read 2232 times)

Mkoda

• View Profile
Greetings from Minnesota
« on: June 12, 2012, 06:40:40 pm »

Found this page just sort of tooling around the web. Recently got Avernum Escape from the Pit on steam and I really enjoyed it. Wondered why more isometric RPGs like that or the first two Fallouts, Bladur's Gate, etc aren't made anymore. Just kind of joined because I found it interesting. Got back into gaming about two years ago after a several year hiatus (they made Fallout 3 and I just couldn't say no).

Otherwise I'm a Navy vet, done a few years as an infantryman in the Army National Guard now as well. After a bit of college I realized anthropology would lead me to boring college students and pleading for grant money. So now I'm on the road to becoming a gunsmith through Pine City Technical college. One of six such schools left in the US. Don't know much about programming or building games but like I said I thought this was pretty damn cool.

prock

• Developer
    • View Profile
Re: Greetings from Minnesota
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2012, 11:47:20 pm »

Hey Mkoda,

Glad you stumbled on our little project here and posted something here. I must say it's not often that a Navy vet posts on our forums or a gunsmith for that matter.  If you're interested in the project you should come hang out in our IRC channel sometime.  There is usually someone around to chat with.  We all enjoyed the fallout series so we hope that someday there will be a few good games made with FIFE.  Currently there are a couple in active development.  One that follows the lines of Fallout is Zero-projekt.  Check it out.  For more games check out our "games using FIFE page".