FIFE forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

FIFE 0.4.0 has been released on 15th of January, 2017!

Author Topic: Greetings from China  (Read 2127 times)

nifabric

• View Profile
Greetings from China
« on: March 23, 2012, 06:49:48 am »

Hi, everyone!
I am a python programmer, and I come from China.
I stress my location because I find that the FIFE supports Chinese language ( unicode characters) very well, excitingly.
I have been searching for such a good game framework for long time.
Maybe I can contribute to the localization of Chinese.

prock

• Developer
    • View Profile
Re: Greetings from China
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2012, 11:16:09 am »

Hi nifabric,

Welcome to the FIFE forums!  I'm happy you found us.  I'm not sure if we have any immediate need for localization but there may be a project that users FIFE that would (check out www.unknown-horizons.org)  If you have any questions feel free to ask here or come chat with us in IRC sometime (#FIFE on freenode.net).   Take care!

prock

ChrisOelmueller

• View Profile
Re: Greetings from China
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2012, 12:37:15 pm »

Heya nifabric and welcome!

As prock mentioned, we always love to include new translations in Unknown Horizons. There already is a Japanese translation project, extending this to also support Chinese would be awesome.
The font we use for CJKV languages is Arphic UMing (and deciding on the font was actually the hardest part in supporting non-ASCII languages, as you mentioned FIFE just works).

If you're interested in contributing, check our online translation server pootle, especially the zh_CN project. You're also invited to join our IRC channel #unknown-horizons and chat with a lot of other developers.

All the best,
Chris