FIFE forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

FIFE 0.4.0 has been released on 15th of January, 2017!

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: FIFE website redesign  (Read 4407 times)

rivon

• View Profile
FIFE website redesign
« on: February 02, 2012, 01:14:20 pm »

I'm willing to create a new design for the FIFE website but I have never made a wordpress theme before so if there was someone else willing to help with that, it would be awesome.

rivon

• View Profile
Re: FIFE website redesign
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2012, 11:58:11 am »

So, I worked a bit on the design and here's the title page:

What do you think? Any recommendations/critiques? (the logo isn't by me, I found it here)

By the way, still looking for someone who could make a wordpress theme from this.

vtchill

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2012, 01:55:19 pm »

I think as a first pass it looks pretty good.

However in my opinion the logo is too big. I would rather see the logo integrated into a border across the top. And I would put the logo into the left of the border to mimic how most webpages have the logo.

prock

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2012, 09:08:45 am »

Hi Rivon,

Awesome work.  Not sure how to integrate with wordpress but this looks like a great start.  I'm liking the layout a lot.  I'm not sure if we can use that logo for FIFE though as it wasn't released under the CC license.  Other then that I'm liking it.  I'm back in IRC now so drop by and we can chat about it a bit.

Also wanted to say thanks for your interest in helping out with FIFE.  Our webpage is definitely lacking and needs some major work.  Your help is greatly appreciated!

Prock

prock

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2012, 09:28:34 am »

I have a little bit of news regarding the original logo that you used on your site proposal rivon.  I have managed to track down the original author of that logo and got his permission to use it.  We are just working out licensing details (i.e. what license he will be releasing it under).

rivon

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2012, 05:03:39 pm »

That's great. By the way, it would be cool if he could send me the source files - PSD or SVG or something if it's vector, so it's only the logo with transparent background.

I'll still leave the Tigsource topic opened just in case someone appeared and made an awesome logo.

prock

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2012, 08:47:56 am »

Just got the original files...   JPG, PDF and Adobe Illustrator.  Author agreed to release it under the CC license BY-SA so we can go ahead and use it :D

prock

rivon

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2012, 04:09:52 pm »

UPDATE:
Here's a bit edited front (About) page

And here are two versions of the Features page

I don't know which is better, you have to choose.
By the way, all the paddings, text sizes etc. can be updated of course.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 04:12:48 pm by rivon »

vtchill

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2012, 05:36:18 pm »

looking good so far, i'm digging the new layout of the pages... and i like the white/black logo.

chewie

• Developer
    • View Profile
    • zero-projekt.net
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2012, 04:20:12 am »

Great work rivon =)

I'd vote for the second version of the features-screen.

rivon

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2012, 10:37:50 am »

By the way, it may be possible to have all these static pages be completely untouched by Wordpress and then I could even code them. The blog with all the news would then be powered by Wordpress and it wouldn't look like this. It could just have a similar look, the same colors etc. but wouldn't need to completely fit with the rest. From what I know, a lot of engines do it like this - have a few pretty, static pages for the presentation of the engine and then they have a separate blog with a more standardised look.

Also, making a theme for the wiki is senseless IMO. I'd leave the wiki with the default style.

prock

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2012, 11:26:29 am »

Hi rivon,  yeah that makes sense.  I could potentially help get your static page made into a template (just the header and footer would be required) for wordpress.  The rest can stay as is for now (the forums, wiki, and trac) but I would really like the wordpress page to have the same template as all the static pages.

vtchill

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2012, 11:53:40 pm »

I haven't had too much experience with wordpress myself (besides setting up some super simple blogs) but I am learning web development stuff (using drupal right now) at work and could probably use the extra practice at home working on the fife site.

So I would be willing to help as well if there are parts you wanted help with.

rivon

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2012, 10:19:10 am »

I think I will code a few of the static pages, then give it to you. You will then just dissect it into those multiple files which Wordpress uses and eventually you could put into those pages some markup Wordpress uses (if it uses any). Is that okay?

prock

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2012, 08:08:06 pm »

Sounds good rivon :D
Pages: [1] 2