FIFE forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

FIFE 0.4.0 has been released on 15th of January, 2017!

Author Topic: Build FIFE -> Missing files  (Read 2549 times)

networe

• View Profile
Build FIFE -> Missing files
« on: August 25, 2011, 10:43:14 am »

Hi.

I am trying to build FIFE. I am using Windows 7 64 Bits and I downloaded ActivePython 2.7.2.5 32 Bit.

I want to Use Code::Block

I downloaded the SVN trunk with Tortoise.

I am fallowing this step : http://wiki.fifengine.net/Building:Win32:Code::Blocks

I have downloaded the win32 devkit and i've extracted it to Z:\FIFE\build\win32

When trying to start Update_project_files.bat I have :

impossible to find Z:\FIFE\build\win32\build_environments\code_blocks\fife.cbp

impossible to find Z:\FIFE\build\win32\build_environments\visual_studio_8\fife.vcproj

impossible to find Z:\FIFE\build\win32\build_environments\visual_studio_9\fife.vcproj

python: can't open file 'applications/scons/scons.py: [error 2] no such file or directory

I dont have the folder ''applications'' so I dont have scons.py..

Is this possible to have those files ? or a way to resolve this problem,

thanks !
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 10:51:19 am by networe »
Trouvez toutes vos animes chez www.monanime.com en VOSTFR

vtchill

• Developer
    • View Profile
Re: Build FIFE -> Missing files
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2011, 02:29:25 pm »

unfortunately the code blocks support is most likely out of date at this point. To our knowledge no one was using it and maintaining it was cumbersome. However there are alternatives, include: visual studio and SCons/mingw

Visual studio is great and I would suggest using it when on windows. It is free (the express edition) and has a great debugger and is easy to setup and use. SCons/mingw should just "work" without having to download anything extra so you could quickly see the demos in action. There are wiki pages detailing both of these as well.

Visual studio wiki page: http://wiki.fifengine.net/Building:Win32:VisualStudio

Scons/mingw wiki page: http://wiki.fifengine.net/Building:Win32:SCons

Please feel free to post any other questions. Good Luck, and welcome to the community!

mvBarracuda

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2011, 05:46:01 am »

Missing scons.py indicates that the win32 devkit hasn't been (fully) extracted into the right folder. Please reextract it again into the build\win32 folder; extraction can take quite some time, especially on older systems. Extraction was succesful if there are the application, binaries, includes & static_libs directory inside the build\win32 folder.

vtchill

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2011, 08:58:14 am »

ah now that i am re-reading the errors i think barra is correct. It looks like the win32 dev kit has not been installed (or fully installed) into the <fife>/build/win32 directory.