FIFE forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

FIFE 0.4.0 has been released on 15th of January, 2017!

Author Topic: Build failure in Ubuntu 10.04 x64  (Read 2570 times)

Ashlander

• View Profile
Build failure in Ubuntu 10.04 x64
« on: July 10, 2011, 01:53:25 pm »

During `scons fife` the following line is executed:
o build/engine/release/swigwrappers/python/fife_wrap.cc -python -c++ -w511 engine/swigwrappers/python/fife.i

to which sh gives the obvious reply:
sh: o: not found

It seems someone forgot the `g++ -` at the beginning of that line. And then the following occurs:

g++ -o build/engine/release/swigwrappers/python/py_fife_wrap.os -c -DPNG_SKIP_SETJMP_CHECK -O2 -Wall -Wno-unused -fPIC -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -D_REENTRANT -DHAVE_OPENGL -DHAVE_ZIP -DLOG_ENABLED -I/opt/include -I/usr/include/vorbis -I/usr/include/SDL -I/usr/include/python2.6 -Iext/install/include -Iengine/core build/engine/release/swigwrappers/python/fife_wrap.cc
g++: build/engine/release/swigwrappers/python/fife_wrap.cc: No such file or directory
g++: no input files
scons: *** [build/engine/release/swigwrappers/python/py_fife_wrap.os] Error 1
scons: building terminated because of errors.

I can feel g++'s pain since that python directory is empty and thus doesn't contain fife_wrap.cc.

Any ideas on what's gone wrong and how I can fix it?

Thanks

EDIT: I'm building fife-0.3.2r2.
EDIT EDIT: Also occurs in SVN rev 3711.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2011, 02:55:38 pm by Ashlander »

vtchill

• Developer
    • View Profile
Re: Build failure in Ubuntu 10.04 x64
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2011, 05:10:56 pm »

O is a swig command, make sure you have the swig package installed as well as the python-dev package. we have seen this error before and this was the cause. also make sure you have a 32-bit version of python installed, fife does not work with 64-bit version.