FIFE forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

FIFE 0.4.0 has been released on 15th of January, 2017!

Author Topic: Hello Everybody!!!!  (Read 2059 times)

Proga

• View Profile
Hello Everybody!!!!
« on: May 04, 2011, 11:31:06 am »

Hello all,

My name is Proga (Also known as Proga-kun) and I know the following Programming languages:

Python
Java [only know how to say"Hello world!"]
C++ [I kind-of know it]
xHtml [I kind-of know it]

So that's manly it! I hope I can be of ANY help!

P.S. I don't know the first thing about FIFE. So teach me please!  

« Last Edit: May 05, 2011, 08:32:05 am by Proga »
When Life gives you lemons......YOU THROW THEM BACK AT LIFE AND SAY: I DON'T WANT YOUR DAMN LEMONS, I WANT SOMETHING USEFUL LIKE LEMONADE!

prock

• Developer
    • View Profile
Re: Hello Everybody!!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2011, 04:07:00 pm »

Hi Proga,

Welcome aboard!  Guess the first thing you should know about FIFE is how to get it running.  Have you been able to get the demos and editor running?

prock

Proga

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2011, 07:57:21 pm »

Hi Proga,

Welcome aboard!  Guess the first thing you should know about FIFE is how to get it running.  Have you been able to get the demos and editor running?

prock
It's good to be here, thanks!
and, yes I looked thru the demos and editor but, what exactly is the editor? Is it like a GUI program for your program..... ? I really don't know! [lol!]
but as for the programming, how much knowledge off C++ do you need? [Because I really only know Python!]
Thanks!!!!

-Proga
When Life gives you lemons......YOU THROW THEM BACK AT LIFE AND SAY: I DON'T WANT YOUR DAMN LEMONS, I WANT SOMETHING USEFUL LIKE LEMONADE!

prock

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2011, 08:44:24 am »

Python works just fine if you want to work on the demos and/or editor.  If you want to be involved with working on the engine you'll need some extensive c++ knowledge.  You should come hang out in our IRC channel (#fife on freenode.net) for a bit and we can discuss it in more detail.

For now you should check out the code for the demos.  Play around with rio_de_hola a bit.  You can load rio's maps in the editor and move things around.  The editor is in it's early stages and needs a lot of polish work as well.

cheers,

prock