FIFE forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

FIFE 0.4.0 has been released on 15th of January, 2017!

Author Topic: CodeBlocks in Linux  (Read 3558 times)

tenach

• View Profile
    • Scoundrels
CodeBlocks in Linux
« on: April 17, 2011, 02:22:55 pm »

I noticed that there are build instructions for Codeblocks in win32 environment and was wondering if there were any for linux?

When I open the fife/build/linux/code_blocks/Fife workspace.workspace I get the following error: "unable to open fife lib.cbp".

mvBarracuda

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: CodeBlocks in Linux
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2011, 03:33:48 pm »

I think Code::Blocks for Linux support was removed quite some time ago (1-2 years?) because we had no maintainer for that platform/IDE.

This said: it shouldn't be too hard to readd support for it. But we would need somebody who knows the platform and would send in a patch with a working code::blocks project for Linux.

vtchill

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2011, 04:07:43 pm »

Yes we had some problems getting the build to work correctly because we are essentially just wanting to use code blocks as an editor and have it behind the scenes call back into our scons build system.

This proved to be a bit of a problem for some of the build configurations (can't remember off hand exactly which ones)

As things are now you can still use code blocks as your editor, you will just need to build from the command line.

tenach

• View Profile
    • Scoundrels
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2011, 01:26:15 pm »

Ah, alrighty then, that makes sense.  I'll tinker around with it, I like being able to build from within the IDE (or at least initiate it from within).

vtchill

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2011, 03:56:38 pm »

I found this commit which dealt with code blocks when the new build system was put in.

http://fife.trac.cvsdude.com/engine/changeset/3164

Not sure if you see the same problems, but i could build the engine fine, but the link stage would fail and I could not figure out why and I don't think we ever fixed it.

vtchill

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2011, 03:59:16 pm »

I found this commit which dealt with code blocks when the new build system was put in.

http://fife.trac.cvsdude.com/engine/changeset/3164

Not sure if you see the same problems, but i could build the engine fine, but the link stage would fail and I could not figure out why and I don't think we ever fixed it.

Hmm on second thought it looks like i only ever updated the template for creating the code blocks project on win32 anyway so the linux one probably has no chance of working.

tenach

• View Profile
    • Scoundrels
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2011, 04:25:30 pm »

Ahh, okay. Thanks for the information vtchill!  ;D