FIFE forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

FIFE 0.4.0 has been released on 15th of January, 2017!

Author Topic: Hello!  (Read 2138 times)

losthellhound

• View Profile
    • LostHellHound Creative
Hello!
« on: April 14, 2011, 10:54:34 am »

I'm not yet sure why I am here, but I look forward to finding out if I'm a good fit here and if my ideas can be realized with these tools. I am not a coder, or an artist, but I dabble poorly in both. I am more of a writer and creative person so I have more ideas then I have skill to accomplish.

My project I have right now that I am researching needs a few things that I don't yet know how to do, and one thing that FIFE might not be able to accomplish (online multiplayer), but I am looking to learn more.

vtchill

• Developer
    • View Profile
Re: Hello!
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2011, 07:15:37 am »

Hey and welcome to the forums.

You are correct that FIFE does not have built in support for online multiplayer, but we have a game client that currently is implementing this on their side so it is definitely possible.

I'm not sure if you have a team already assembled for the other parts that you said you were not as skilled at, but if not you may want to think about joining up with another team to help them with story and the more creative side.

Good luck and keep us posted either here or on our IRC channel.

losthellhound

• View Profile
    • LostHellHound Creative
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2011, 07:46:52 am »

That is an excellent idea...

To the project leaders, feel free to check out my site to see my writing style and what I was working on myself. If you have a need for a writer or creative director let me know. I can churn out story or dialog pretty fast as long as I have an idea on your complete view of the world and project

vtchill

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2011, 10:37:42 am »

Not sure if they are looking for more writers, but check out the project parpg http://parpg.net

It is using fife and is in a fairly early development stage. You can idle in their IRC chan to get an idea of what going on there.

tenach

• View Profile
    • Scoundrels
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2011, 02:19:17 pm »

Greetings! So far, I like what I've read on the site in your signature.

I hope you can find what you need!