FIFE forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

FIFE 0.4.0 has been released on 15th of January, 2017!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: few questions about FIFE  (Read 7073 times)

prock

• Developer
    • View Profile
Re: few questions about FIFE
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2010, 09:17:44 am »

JB85, you are correct.  You create a bunch of 2d images and then a corresponding object.xml file and you can then import it into your map.  You can make those images as detailed as you want.  You'll probably have to do some testing to get the optimal sizes.

If you have any questions about how to do certain things with FIFE... or python for that matter feel free to ask.  We are all pretty experienced with python and should be able to answer your questions.

You could also stop by our #FIFE IRC channel anytime on irc.freenode.net and chat with us anytime!!   Take care!

prock

rivon

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2010, 02:41:29 pm »

I was under the impression that using blender I could create a 3d model of lets say a soldier.. then using the animation inside blender that I create for the unit I could pause at certain times, then "render" out 2d images with whatever camera angle and settings I will be using and I could then use them in game like a chain of images for the soldier walking as .png files and have the object.xml to match.
That's the right impression. You just make a 3d model and export it as 2d images. Or you can draw it in pixel art or whatever other style...

JB85

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2010, 07:40:46 am »

Ok thats good. Thanks guys for getting back with me on the matter, good to know my thoughts are on the correct path! I have been working with the demo material and some other code from games similiar to what I am trying to do, playing around with it all and adding some of my own code trying to get a good grasp on this programming! I dont plan on releasing anything containing other peoples work so no worries there, just using opensource projects to learn with. The advanced programming is really getting tough  :-[
Pages: 1 [2]