FIFE forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

FIFE 0.4.0 has been released on 15th of January, 2017!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: MacOSX crash issues  (Read 8751 times)

ecma262

• View Profile
Re: MacOSX crash issues
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2010, 07:35:42 pm »

Hi:

I am having the exact same problem and would love to know if someone is able to resolve it. 

Thanks

ecma262

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2010, 09:34:33 am »

Here are few things I noticed:

When I change the screen mode for the island demo to full screen, I don't get the crash.  When not using the full screen mode, is there a way to tell FIFE to make the main window starts in the foreground instead of making it appear behind the terminal window.  It seems that this might be the cause of the problem.  When I looked at the SDL source code and did some gdb debugging, I noticed that there is a variable 'current_video' that is supposed to be pointing to SDL_VideoDevice struct,  it seems that this variable is not being initialized correctly when the game main window is not started in the foreground.  Any help in this matter is greatly appreciated as this issue is holding me from starting my project using FIFE.

Thanks

chewie

• Developer
    • View Profile
    • zero-projekt.net
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2010, 09:46:06 pm »

[snip...]

When I looked at the SDL source code and did some gdb debugging, I noticed that there is a variable 'current_video' that is supposed to be pointing to SDL_VideoDevice struct,  it seems that this variable is not being initialized correctly when the game main window is not started in the foreground.  Any help in this matter is greatly appreciated as this issue is holding me from starting my project using FIFE.

Thanks

Missing variable inits are bad. So this _has to be fixed_. I suggest a ticket for this issue - and if you can provide your current findings (code file / line / etc) this one can be investigated & fixed a lot faster :)

cheers,
chewie

vtchill

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2010, 10:19:00 pm »

I believe the "current_video" variable is inside the SDL code base itself. I don't think this is a variable that FIFE is using directly, we simply call use SDL_SetVideoMode and rely on it to return an SDL surface.

prock

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2010, 03:57:01 pm »

ecma262,

Out of curiosity, what version of osx are you running?

zenbitz

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2010, 05:45:35 pm »

Just reporting that by wiping my mac, installing 10.6.5 (Snow Leopard), new version of Xcode it all worked with no crashing.

More details here: http://forums.fifengine.net/index.php?topic=308.msg1989#msg1989
Pages: 1 [2]