I suggest we rearrange the front page to this:
- Overview ( what's FIFE ) short description with link to full description.
- Getting FIFE how to download, config & run
- Development / coding setting up the IDE, compiling, API docs, coding standard, debugging etc
- Content creation (for game devs / mappers) Scripting, image / animation templates
- FAQ / Troubleshooting
- Contact Us You can talk to us in IRC(link to IRC howto) at #fife under idk.quakenet.blah. There is also a forum @ forums.fifengine.net. Also feel free to contact johndoe by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
I believe the above is short, concise and matches our need. The "Getting FIFE" section should be written in a tutorial style, as it can be used by other game devs (i.e. KoN )as a template. Also, I would very much prefer if idea listing, discussions and questions could happen on the forum instead.
I see the differences between those 3 media ( IRC, forum, wiki ) in terms of activity & lifespan of discussion.
IRC - quick update & response ( rapid activity ), short lifespan
Forum - medium activity, medium to long lifespan
Wiki - quick - slow activity, mainly serves as information store. long lifespan