FIFE forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

FIFE 0.4.0 has been released on 15th of January, 2017!

Author Topic: Cell lighting  (Read 2439 times)

agrippa

• View Profile
Cell lighting
« on: November 26, 2008, 08:39:34 am »

I know there's no actual lighting in FIFE, at least what that term means in modern games. But i've seen an early screenshot demonstrating tile based lighting. Is it still there? I can't find...

Hmm... and does FIFE implements line of sight? Not field of view, but at least LOS, to check if my hero can see NPC or something... I've implemented that thing for my project, but with my poor c++ skills i think it would be better to use FIFE's one if it does ever exist. As far as there's no "losblocking" (or thsng like that) property in object.h i'm afraid it doesn't.

chewie

• Developer
    • View Profile
    • zero-projekt.net
Re: Cell lighting
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2008, 12:35:39 pm »

Moin agrippa :)

About cell lighting - I guess you are refering to this screenshot?

If so - this one is very old - and I never saw it in action. It was part of a test branche of one of our developers (phoku). Perhaps you can meet him @IRC in the fife channel and ask him about the code. AFAIK this was never uploaded to SVN. I can't tell if the experimental code can be integrated within the current version of FIFE, phoku has to answer this.

Besides that, I'd say FIFE doesn't have this feature until someone includes it.

About LOS - you have to implement your own by using python and the pather. Though I've have to admit that the pather isn't that flexible to make that possible out of the box. You can't even ask him for movement costs etc. - it just takes care that your NPC moves from A to B. This is a module which definately needs work.