General Category > Introduce yourself

Hello! o7

(1/1)

RainMaker:
Hello!

I've been a gamer all my life, from the old DOS games to the present, and had been a game making hobbyist, playing around with different engines and learning about code and computer science here and there. Mainly I'm an artist.

So about 2 or 3 years ago I found this Fife, didn't really know what was going on. So took some tutorials on Java game making. Then ended up heavily learning C++. I spent the last 6 months or so making quick little prototypes in SFML, a side scroller, an isometric city builder, a top down proto with projectiles, collision, damage and health etc.. Was using TILED as well to make my maps but finally ran into something I lack the knowledge for, which is being able to parse the JSON files to work with SFML... I'm running out of time and money, soooooo FIFE it is! A custom game Engine is a huge undertaking, and I don't know what I was thinking, silly me for thinking I could make one myself, even with SFML as my base.

Anyway I think I'm pretty comfortable with C++ going forward now for gameplay coding, and I've come full circle back to Fife! I will definitely be using it for my Trilogy.

I will go to the Game Creators Corner to post my questions. It's good to meet you all (just saying it ahead of time :D)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version