FIFE forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

FIFE 0.4.0 has been released on 15th of January, 2017!

Author Topic: Emil's introduction  (Read 866 times)

emilhem

• View Profile
Emil's introduction
« on: March 14, 2016, 09:35:40 am »

Hello,

I see that there's very little activity in both the FIFE engine and the game Unknown Horizons, both which I'm interested in becoming involved in.

I'm a student studing in Sweden to become a civil engineer in computer science. I have a couple of years of experience in web development.

I hope that I can get support quickly here if I end up working on Unknown Horizons this summer.

Regards,
Emil

prock

• Developer
    • View Profile
Re: Emil's introduction
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2016, 08:28:50 am »

Hi Emil,

Welcome to the FIFE community!  You are right that there has been little activity in FIFE :(  We would like to change that though and are currently looking for new developers who want to help out.  We need help in many areas (including web development) and I'm sure UH has a lot of stuff to do as well.  Feel free to post here or ask any questions in IRC.  Looking forward to hearing from you!

Prock

emilhem

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2016, 10:43:59 am »

Hello Prock,

I'm interested in helping any way I can. On what domain and channel is the IRC?

Regards,
Emil

prock

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2016, 02:17:14 pm »

Hi Emil,

I see you found our IRC channel.  Unfortunately I was AFK at the time.  I like your idea to use Discourse for the forum replacement and have considered it myself.  I've contacted them as an open source community asking for them to host our forums!  Hopefully they get back to me.

In the mean time our Website definitely needs some love.  The source for the site can be found here: https://github.com/fifengine/fifeweb

I can publish from that git repo very easily so you can contribute simply by forking the site and making any changes there for us to review.  As far as look and feel of the site I will leave it up to your creative direction.  Even small tweaks would be beneficial.

Looking forward to working with you!

prock

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2016, 03:44:33 pm »

Oh and the current open issues with the website can be found here:  https://github.com/fifengine/fifeweb/issues

Those are good starting points!