FIFE forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

FIFE 0.4.0 has been released on 15th of January, 2017!

Author Topic: New guy here  (Read 2649 times)

Shocky

• View Profile
New guy here
« on: April 11, 2008, 06:40:38 pm »

Hello everyone.

I'm currently in the market to work on a new project with just finishing my masters degree.  I posted on GD.net and mvBarracuda found me (probably like a lot of you).

Anyway, I'm not 100% set on FIFE yet, but I'm fairly impressed with the work you guys have done.  I'm looking at OpenFrag also, but I'm not as excited to work on that project.

So I'll tell you guys a little about me.  I'm a software developer, working in C++ for around 12 years and C# for about 5.  I've done a lot of work in high speed networking (reliable UDP, high throughput TCP), created a scriptable, hw accelerated user interface library for mobile devices and games, and created an old Quake 3 style physics/graphics engine a few years back.

I would like to get into this project as an architect and work in the networking field if needed.  I also started some research in multi-processor coding that I can describe later.

Anyway, great job to all of you for your work.  I got it downloaded and compiled on my Linux computer without any trouble.  I'll work on building it on my Vista computer next.

If there's a ticket that you'd think I could initially help with, let me know.

~Mark

mvBarracuda

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: New guy here
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2008, 04:05:22 pm »

We already talked over IRC but it doesn't hurt to say that it would be great to welcome you on the team. :-)

Hopefully you enjoy working with us guys in case you decide to get involved.