General Category > Introduce yourself

hey all

(1/1)

mks2005:
Just came accross this site and am very interested in the project.

I guss like many others i loved the fallout games and always wanted a crack at making my own story for it or somthing very similar.

I have only had a very quick look at the wiki so dont flame me yet hehe ill be reading through it all soon enough.

Just wanted to ask a quick question is there an editor that hyou use to create the game or it is all done via visual studio and python scripts ?

I dont really know too much about visual studio and only touched python scripting slightly when i used to play Bridge Commander.

I guess ill have to teach myself if there is no editor for the game itself.

Anyway just wanted to say hi as well :)

Mike Smith
UK

mvBarracuda:
Hello Mike :-)

--- Quote from: mks2005 on March 29, 2008, 06:59:40 am ---Just wanted to ask a quick question is there an editor that hyou use to create the game or it is all done via visual studio and python scripts ?

--- End quote ---
Yep there is an editor tool for FIFE though it's still work in progress (though that's the case for the whole engine).

You basically write your FIFE game by:
1. Creating assets (graphics, text, movies) with 3rd party tools.
2. Create maps with the map editor tool.
3. Bring these maps to life with Python scripts.
4. Optional step: customize the engine by writing own C++ code. This should not be neccessary later but you might end up implementing very special wishes yourself.

Greetings,
Martin

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version