FIFE forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

FIFE 0.4.0 has been released on 15th of January, 2017!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Weird SDL_ttf problem on Debian  (Read 12479 times)

vtchill

• Developer
    • View Profile
Re: Weird SDL_ttf problem on Debian
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2010, 03:56:41 pm »

Just as a reference I never use any pkg config files when i am building fife, I always let the build system find my dependencies by looking directly at my /usr/include, /usr/lib, etc.

I run ubuntu and have never had a problem.

As for the boost filesystem file not found I am guessing the .pc file for boost is out of date with the version of boost you have installed. The .pc file is looking for 1.33.1 which version do you have?

Also can you just run the python interpreter by typing python in a terminal and then type the following commands and post the output.
import sys
print sys.platform

przemo_li

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2010, 04:01:29 pm »

all dependencies satisfied now this error with lacking fife file :/

vtchill

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2010, 04:05:35 pm »

Not sure what you mean, but I have to run for a while.

Please post anything else and I will look later. Also if you could post the output from the python commands I asked for that would be great.

przemo_li

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2010, 05:19:02 pm »

I've missed swing  :'( and python-devel.
Now it build successfully.  ::)  :D ;D

vtchill

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2010, 09:16:43 am »

great!

go to hear you got it to build. be sure to keep us updated about your developments with fife.

rivon

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2010, 12:54:59 pm »

I also couldn't compile FIFE because of "missing" SDL_ttf on Debian Testing. But in fact there was a problem with libGL. Scons couldn't find it... I had to do some manual symlinks and it worked from then on...

chewie

• Developer
    • View Profile
    • zero-projekt.net
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2011, 09:26:59 am »

Yet another weird story about SDL_ttf.h & scons:
(ubuntu 9.10)

Seems like scons ate itself after a few compilations of FIFE - so I was forced to delete all temporary build files manually (scons started using weird paths during compilation, e.g. engine/.tws3-z/core ...).

After cleaning up, a fresh scons call was unable to find SDL_ttf.h, so I disabled the lookup for this lib. Scons compiled just fine afterwards, but of course FIFE had a problem once it should handle fonts. So I recompiled FIFE, with scons being allowed to look for SDL_ttf.h again. And... surprise, now it was able to find the lib. From this point on, I again had a working scons & FIFE environment.

My advice: before starting fiddling with *.pc files or re-linking files within the FS, just try this "trick". Or in other words: blame scons and it´s caching (at least my guess is that there goes something wrong) before blaming your machines setup.  :P
Pages: 1 [2]