FIFE forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

FIFE 0.4.0 has been released on 15th of January, 2017!

Author Topic: FifeRPG Default Listener Disable Escape Functionality  (Read 1313 times)

Chris3606

• View Profile
FifeRPG Default Listener Disable Escape Functionality
« on: January 25, 2014, 12:31:23 am »

Hello,
First of all, feel free to let me know if this post is in the wrong place.  Now, for the real question....

I am using FifeRPG v0.2 to create a game (just getting started).  I ran into a bit of an oddity that I was wondering if i was just missing something of... I have class XXApplication that inherits from RPGApplication.  Now, RPGApplication creates a default app listener that, among other (somewhat useful) things, exits the game, much like the default application listener in basic FIFE does.  Obviously that particular function is not desirable for any sort of game beyond a a demo.  If, however, you overload the createListener() function, it causes errors as there are checks built into RPGApplication that use quit commands in that default listener.  Obviously you could write another listener that had similar functionality, but that seems a cheese way around it -- is there some way of disabling that escape functionality that I'm missing?

Beliar

• View Profile
Re: FifeRPG Default Listener Disable Escape Functionality
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2014, 11:09:35 am »

Heya,

thanks for pointing that out. This should indeed not be that way and I will change that.
As far as I see it, though, it is only a single variable that, when set to True, will make the application quit.
So until I make that change you will have to set that variable in the listener. If you don't use the listener to tell the application to quit, just set it to False for now.

Beliar

• View Profile
Re: FifeRPG Default Listener Disable Escape Functionality
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2014, 03:54:07 am »

Hi again,

i just noticed that this has already been fixed in the fife_git branch on github. I can't/won't include that in a release yet though as it will need either fife 0.4, which is not out yet, or building fife from git.