FIFE forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

FIFE 0.4.0 has been released on 15th of January, 2017!

Author Topic: Greetings All!  (Read 1871 times)

crimsonfire

• View Profile
Greetings All!
« on: September 13, 2013, 08:47:58 pm »

Hi folks and folkettes,

My name is Shane. I'm from Dublin, Ireland and I currently work in IT support for an online company (too paranoid to give anymore info than that heh). I study IT in the evenings while also working full time but that horrible lack of time doesn't stop me yearning to develop my own RPG. I fell in love with Fallout as a lad and I've always had a soft spot for the isometric game. It's sort of a happy compromise for those who don't want a 2D game but haven't quite got the skills to create a 3D one (like me).

I see game design as another way to tell a story basically. I'm less interested in gameplay mechanics (although I fully understand their importance) and more in the lore and creative side of games. Creating a well conceived game universe is important to me. I'd describe my coding skills as intermediate though so I will be frequenting this forum quite a bit. I may need to brush up on my Python!

Happy trails y'all.

prock

• Developer
    • View Profile
Re: Greetings All!
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2013, 03:24:09 pm »

Hi crimsonfire,

You should check out fife-rpg.  It's a framework using fife to help ease development of fallout type rpg games!

Chibiko

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2013, 10:55:02 pm »

Hi crimsonfire,

You should check out fife-rpg.  It's a framework using fife to help ease development of fallout type rpg games!
Hi, mr developer.
I think project fife-rpg is abandoned and stoped.
And do not working with python 2.7
Life is paine 8)
But there is FIFE. But have no toutorials. We need more toutorials!
With menu, pause in game. And others!
Thanks.

Beliar

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2014, 05:42:57 am »

Hi, fife-rpg is not abandoned, or stopped. I am currently working on a side project that for pychan. I continue working on fife-rpg as soon as that is in a usable state.

I, myself, use python 2.7 so it should work with it.