FIFE forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

FIFE 0.4.0 has been released on 15th of January, 2017!

Author Topic: Greetings from Australia  (Read 1548 times)

Zoeyface

• View Profile
Greetings from Australia
« on: June 26, 2013, 08:51:17 pm »

Hello,
I work with a bunch of friends to make games, so far we have worked on a sourcemod (still in development) and one of us is now looking at creating his own engine. Im not really up to scratch on my C++ (in that I've never really used it before) but enjoy python and am forced to use java at uni.

This engine was recommended to me by one of the friends I mentioned before after we decided to move into making smaller more achievable games. Im currently looking at making a game that could only be described as a post apocalyptic survival farming simulator (think farmville crossed with fallout 2).

I've never really worked on a project this large before (as I am coding this one pretty much by myself whereas I am used to working with a group of people who know more about what we are doing than me). As such, you'll probably see me on the forums more and more over the next year or so (I work as a sysadmin part time and go to uni so unfortunately this project may take some time).

I would like to thank you all in advance for the help I will likely need over the course of this project of mine :D.

PS: as stated in the title I am from Australia, any other Aussies here?

prock

• Developer
    • View Profile
Re: Greetings from Australia
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2013, 07:36:37 am »

Hi Zoeyface!  Welcome to the forums.  Sorry it took so long for me to reply.  Glad to have you aboard!  We generally hang out in IRC (#FIFE on freenode).  Come say hello there sometime!  We'll be glad to help with any issues you may be having with FIFE.